Moving Documents from iPhone to LongReach

Use this Forum to post your “How to …” questions about your use of LongReach. This is not a technical support forum. Both the LongReach Support Team at LANSA and other LongReach customers may answer your questions. LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by customers.
Don Nelson

Moving Documents from iPhone to LongReach

Post by Don Nelson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 am

How do I get documents from applications such as Pages (Word), Numbers (Excel) and Keynote (PowerPoint) to LongReach so I can send them to the server?

alick

Re: Moving Documents from iPhone to LongReach

Post by alick » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 am

Most iPhone Apps have an 'Open In' where a document can be transferred to another App.
Normally the iPhone creates the document and sends to the server or the Server creates the document and the iPhone receives it.
The next release of LongReach allows iTunes file sharing using the USB cable to transfer files to and from your device.
You could email the document to your iPhone and 'Open In' LongReach.
You could use another App (Adobe Reader, HP Home & Biz) to receive files using iTunes USB cable and then 'Open In' LongReach.
The HP Home & Biz App also includes a WebDAV server, so you can transfer files using a WebDAV client.
If the files are on a PC in the office use standard file transfer methods to copy the files to the server.

tportho

Post by tportho » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 pm

I do not have an 'Open In... Longreach' option available to save/open attachments from email to the Longreach portal. Also, will it be possible to save documents generated in applications like Pages or Numbers to the Longreach portal? (similar to the current ability in these applications to save to WebDAV or iWork)?

alick

Post by alick » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:11 am

On your iPad you should be able to touch the eMail attachment and an 'Open In' dialog should appear.
Select 'Open In LongReach' to transfer the attachment file to LongReach 'Files and Folders' InBox folder.
Currently the LongReach server does not support the WEBDav protocol.

iWorks Apps cannot 'Open In' another App, but require iTunes File Sharing or a WevDav server.
Apps like EverNote cannot 'Open In' another App, but require the EverNote server.

Unfortunately, transferring and synchronising files between the Mac/PC and the tablet isn’t easy.
There are several different ways to do it, but none are perfect, and each has its deficiencies.
http://www.macworld.com.au/help/how-to- ... ipad-29881

tportho

Post by tportho » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am

I don't have the longreach option when choosing 'Open In" from email on the iPad...

Also, how far off would it be for longreach to function as WebDAV?

alick

Post by alick » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:37 am

I can open and email attachment into LongReach using iPad2 iOS 5.01.
Can you open the email attachment in other Apps ?
You need to touch the list and scroll to see other available Apps.
I have completed iWorks Pages, Numbers, Keynote LongReach WebDAV server support.

tportho

Post by tportho » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 am

alick wrote: I have completed iWorks Pages, Numbers, Keynote LongReach WebDAV server support.
Am I to understand that WebDAV is now available in 1.1?

alick

Post by alick » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:30 pm

WebDAV server support is in LongReach 1.2 release.